Wednesday, March 25, 2015

why to trade in or sell your car at the end of the warranty

the battery is on the waning side of usefulness, and if I lived where the weather dropped to freezing temps, it wouldn't be any good at all.

The tires are good for about 35 thousand miles, and at 60-65 k miles? They are about to cost me another 400 dollars for a new set

the headlight covers are starting to get cloudy

It's likely getting close to the time the brakes would need replacing

the windshield has been pelted by, and now dazzles with, the tiny nicks of ten thousand tiny rocks

the windshield wiper protests the sweep across the wet glass with a bouncy noisy passage that reminds me of the dirt road washboard effect at high speed

the paint has been hit by pollution from aircraft, soot, smog, and acid rain. Yes, I should have been clay barring it once a year and waxing it once a month or more... but damn, it's supposed to be designed to have a useful and durable life of 10 or 20 years of exposure to sun, rain, freeing temps, and smog! But look closely, and see that the white paint looks like it's a Jackson Pollack painting.

The suspension isn't the firm wonderful tight bounce it once was.

The av screen when hot from being enclosed in the car all hot day long doesn't respond to my touching the screen anymore

that door ding, gash in the bumper, chipped paint over the windshield gasket, and rim that was gouged by the curb... all that occurred in the 1st month of my ownership of my 1st new car ever? Gone. New car made them all go away.

A new car will normally get you a 45 day reprieve from car payments.

A new car will normally get you 3 to 6 months of free XM radio

A new car is clean. Everywhere. It's like you just had the best detailers from Mothers and Meguires decide they needed to make sure you were going to be impressed.

New car has the latest gadget upgrades like the back up camera, fog lights, side mirror inset panorama piece, and the upgraded stereo with more speakers, the amp, and the subwoofer... and leather seats. They smell nice, but are too damn hot. Oh well. Lesson learned. Next car will be cloth seats. 

2 comments:

  1. Ha!

    a fool and his money.....
    Im driving a 7 yr old car I bought at a repo auction
    window sticker was $49K new, I paid $6K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm driving a 46 year old Dodge R/T when I want to get it out of the garage and put a smile on my face... the daily commuter needs to be under warranty though, and a pleasure to drive, and never ever break down between San Diego and Phoenix, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles. So... I'd rather make new car payments to keep a new car around me with zero repairs coming out of my pocket, and have you think I'm a fool, than wonder what is going to nickel and dime me into poverty as the cost of living goes up and my paycheck never does

      Delete